Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wowza!

This is one of the most exciting things to come down the pro-audio pike in years! I'm so excited I might wet myself. API, who makes my favorite recording gear, is introducing (or should I say RE-introducing) the 1608 16-channel all-discrete analog mixing desk. In the 70's API made the popular 1604 broadcast console. We have a vintage one here at Sonic Circus that is pristine. (I admire it on a daily basis). Modern recordists love having these as control-room side-cars. Well, after years of super-secret development, API is unveiling the new 1608 console, based on the 1604 but with bouble the bussing (obviously) and a host of modern features. Here's a sneek-peek at the gorgeous 1608. Ain't she sexy? I'm in analog heaven right now.



Um, so who can loan me $50 grand?

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmmmmm...I like it, I like it very much: api 1608. Looking forward to seeing that baby at aes.

It's All About The Tone, Baby!